Emerging Practice Exposure Award
The Timothy Soar Archive has launched the Exposure Award, designed to give five emerging architectural practices a headstart in terms of photographing, communicating and promoting their work.
Tim will be commissioned by the Archive to photograph five recent projects by five practices. The winners of the award will be able to work with Tim at no cost, to draw on his experience and expertise to help develop a practice approach to image-making and narrative development.
Practices are invited to submit an email PDF including a short resume along with details of their work which can include built projects, projects under construction and projects on the drawing board. Applications will be judged on the promise of future achievement in architecture in its widest sense. Special consideration will be given to projects that address environmental issues and/or promote social change.
The work will ultimately be published as a series by Architecture Today with attending podcast interviews, winners will be invited to discuss their experience as emerging architects.
The award will be judged by Tim Soar along with Isabel Allen, Editor of Architecture Today and Satwinder Samra, Director of Collaborative Practice, Sheffield School of Architecture
Applications to Exposure@Soargallery.co.uk by June 1st.
Terms & Conditions
By entering the Exposure Award you are deemed to have read and accepted all aspects of the rules described on this page.
7. The Project should be in England, Wales or Scotland
8. Entrants must be sure that access will be granted for photography of the completed project and that the project will be presented at a standard able to be photographed.
12. In all matters arising in connection with the competition, the judges decision shall be final. No cash alternative is available.
13. If the short-list position/prize lapses or the project fails to move forward Exposure reserves the right to select alternative winners.
14. Shortlisted architects will be contacted directly. The names of the winner and shortlisted artists will be published on Twitter and elsewhere in competition publicity.
15. The Judges reserve the right to cancel this competition or alter these rules if they consider that they have good reason to do so.
16. The final date for entry is June 1st 2021.
17. The Judges will not be responsible for any expenses incurred in entering the competition
18. There is no expectation, right or implication that selected projects will receive publicity or publication beyond the communication associated with the award itself.
19. These rules are governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of England.
20. Applicants are responsible for correctly describing their project. Any changes to the original details provided upon application must be notified to the Organisers.
21. The Judges respect that projects submit to the contest will have a life beyond the award, you will retain right to publish the project as you see fit at your discretion
22. The award will cover the costs and expenses for a day of photography by Timothy Soar to his normal professional standard at his discretion.